10 Tips for Healthy Digestive System - Healthy Digestive System
These 10 tips for better digestive health will help you tackle immunity from within.
Let's get started. We have seen many people complaining about why do I have digestive problems and it can be caused by a number of things, such as; Unhealthy lifestyle, poor nutrition, food sensitivity, ibs symptoms along with constipation and just normal everyday stress.
The most common problems associated with Digestive System issues are constipation, diarrhea, inflammatory bowel disease, heartburn, acid reflux or low stomach acid, enzyme deficiency and irritable bowel syndrome.
The regularity of the digestive system is important, and if you want to keep your metabolism and immune system strong you have to take proactive measures in ensuring that even if your following a rather healthy diet that you are properly digesting the food properly with a premium digestive enzyme supplement and you then follow the 10 tips for a healthy digestive system provided below:
1. Eat a high-fiber diet
On your way to a healthy digestive system, the first thing that you need to follow is “Eat a high-fiber diet.” The average diet that we follow on a daily basis is very low. (Far less than the 25-40 grams per day that your body needs.)
What foods are high in fiber ? Here is a quick list - fruits, vegetables, nuts, grains and legumes. We are also listing some superfoods that are high in fiber and healthy fats, which are essential if you follow a keto diet meal plan as well.
- Soy Beans
- Black Beans
- Lima Beans
- Chia Seeds
2. Limit foods that are high in Trans Fats and Saturated Fats
Not all fats are created equal. If you are in the mood for something fatty, try avocado toast which is an example of a healthy fat. Saturated fats and trans fats are linked to higher rates of heart disease, so the next time you have a sweet tooth, instead of a big bowl of ice cream you may want to try a vanilla protein shake.
My personal favorite is the milk chocolate flavor whey, or their cereal milk flavor from Ghost nutrition, I use some almond milk, a banana and PB2 peanut butter for the extra protein without the added fat that traditional peanut butter has, some crushed ice and water or almond milk in a blender and you will find yourself filling that sweet tooth with healthy carbs, fats, protein, magnesium and vitamin D.
Saturated Fats slow down the digestive process and can actually become the foremost reason of “Constipation.” Yes, we aren’t asking you to stop eating the foods you love, but everything in moderation is necessary. If you indeed want ice cream, try frozen yogurt. You may not know the difference.
Here is a list of foods below that could potentially answer the question of “ what causes digestive problems ?
- Sugary Drinks
- Fried foods
- White bread - Try swapping it out with wholegrain white - You may not know the difference
- Greasy foods
- Too much Pastries, Cookies and Cakes
- French Fries and Potato Chips
- Candy Bars
3. Eat Lean Meats
As mentioned above, meats that are high in fats lead towards uncomfortable digestion. When you’re striving for meats, only go for pork loin and skinless poultry. You could also supplement with Keto Burn Ultra by Enzymatic Vitality which is a 3rd party tested natural organic fat burner and organic keto pills that have antioxidants that help burn foods high in fat without causing jitters.
Let’s talk about the benefits of eating Lean Meats in order to show you how to improve your digestive health naturally.
- Lean meats are a great source of Proteins
- They have few calories than those of non-lean meats
- You can potentially get healthier red blood cells and hemoglobin
- Lean meats provide you with more energy and keep you full
- You can reduce the risk of higher triglycerides and cholesterol versus fatty meats
4. Digest Matrix by Enzymatic Vitality
To improve your digestive system, you need to start taking our product that has helped thousands of people to improve their digestive system. This product is backed by certificates of analysis with 3rd party testing to ensure it works properly in digesting fats to increase macronutrient intake.
With age, increased stress and poor diet choices, your digestive system tends to slow down the production of the enzymes naturally and that means “The Food you eat doesn’t break down properly.” Digestive health problems lead to immune system disorders and inflammation.
You must be wondering about Why Should I Take Enzymes if my body makes them already. Well, the foods we eat that are highly processed along with our aging reduces the amount of enzymes we naturally produce in our body. Here are the benefits you could potentially have after using Digest Matrix by Enzymatic Vitality for gut health below.
- You’ll get better nutrient absorption
- It can reduce IBS Symptoms because of the regulation of food being broken down properly.
- You can potentially have clear skin by reducing toxins
- Potential Diverticulosis symptoms can be reduced
- Immune health is in the gut so you may wake up with reduced pain and digestive enzyme supplements can help with chronic fatigue by helping necessary vitamins and minerals get easily absorbed when eating foods
- Better mental focus and memory due to the enhanced B vitamins that are absorbed
- Improved digestive system
- Reduced bloating, constipation and acid reflux symptoms of gerd
So, what are you waiting for? Click Here to buy our product right now.
5. Have a set schedule of eating
The best way to get a healthy digestive system is to “Schedule your Eating” because you’ll get your Digestive System in top shape and working properly. You should always avoid eating heavy. This uses up more oxygen which makes you feel sleepy and slows down your metabolism. Instead try to snack throughout the day and follow some more tips below.
When you don’t eat at consistent times, you start to witness bloating and indigestion. But, when you start to eat everything on a schedule, you’ll see positive changes in your eating habits and stomach health. Did you know that one of the most effective ways to reduce weight is to continue to snack throughout the day with smaller meals in order to keep your metabolism on the move.
Wondering what are the best times to eat? Scroll down!
- Breakfast (Ideally Between 6-8Am)
- Lunch (4-5 Hours After Breakfast) with a small snack in between
- Dinner (No less than 3 to 4 hours before you go to bed)
- Snacks (After three hours of every meal) But you’ll have to make sure that you’re eating lower calorie snacks like a rice cake with almond butter which has roughly 35 calories.
6. Stay Hydrated
We don't talk about digestive health without including water. Drinking 8 ounces of water according to research may help you eat less and lose more weight naturally.
There are a lot of answers and recommendations about “How many glasses of water you should be drinking every day” but according to Health Line, one should go for at least 8 glasses of water a day and that is equal to roughly 2 liters. We encourage you to drink a tall glass of water as soon as you wake up. This can help clean out your digestive tract and help you with early morning bowel movements.
Some of the benefits of staying hydrated are given below:
- Water keeps your mouth moist and prevents dry mouth
- Water keeps your body cool and kidneys functioning properly
- Water helps your muscles and joints work better
- Water keeps your body hydrated which helps with muscle retention
- Water Keeps your body clean- Inside and on the outside as well cleaning the pores of your skin
7. Avoid or Reduce Bad Habits
Try to put away that pack of cigarettes. Nicotine is no joke and tobacco can make the LES sphincter weak which can lead to acid reflux and heartburn symptoms.
Stomach ulcers, heartburn, gerd symptoms can all be attributed to increased alcohol, caffeine and tobacco use. If you do love your cup of coffee, try to make sure you have it with a snack or food in your stomach.
Here are some tips below to help keep your mind occupied
- Keep yourself busy
- Drink more water and juice
- Avoid individuals who smoking and if you smoke, try a nicotine patch and chew some gum, this will keep your mind occupied and your saliva production moving
- If you enjoy the occasional beer or a glass of wine, no problem but try to have it with dinner as it can disrupt sleep patterns and cause acid reflux symptoms to get worse.
8. Start going to the gym or even a walk
Maintaining a healthy weight and exercising regularly are both good for your digestive system. Exercising means that your helping your large and small intestine easily burn the food you have in your digestive tract. You need to find an activity that you enjoy, even if it's just walking your dog and try to extend that walk from 10 minutes to 20 minutes.
Some of the easy exercises are listed below if you have no time for going to the gym:
- Jumping jacks
- Plank Taps
- Jump Squats
- Push-ups and Chin-ups
- Sit ups and crunches
- Burpees and even Yoga can help with digestive health
9. Reducing Stress is critical in digestive health improvement
Too much stress and anxiety aren’t good for your digestive system, you need to find those activities that reduce your stress and anxiety and practice them on a regular basis. Take one day at a time and try not to stress yourself about things that you cannot control.
You don’t have to go anywhere else to find out “How to reduce stress” because we are breaking down the ways to reduce your stress below.
- Indulge yourself in physical activities
- Avoid loneliness
- Try Relaxation Techniques
- Try talk therapy, even just 30 minutes a weak of talk therapy helped individuals reduce depression and anxiety by 40% without medications as research suggests
- Manage your time and control yourself
- Enjoy experiences versus material things
- Get more sleep - 7 to 8 hours at the minimum and if you have issues with insomnia. Try 3mg’s of melatonin which is an antioxidant and natural alternative to help you sleep and prevent ulcers as well.
10. Eat Mindfully
It’s always easy to eat too much when talking and not paying attention towards “What you’re eating and how much are you eating,” this can lead you towards bloating, gas and indigestion. Think about being consistent when it comes to eating. You deserve to treat yourself, but you will feel a whole lot better if you have been consistent with your diet plan.
Mindful eating means that you’re paying attention towards all aspects of your food intake and the process of eating. To eat mindfully, you’ll have to follow the steps that we mention below.
- Eat slowly this will help you prevent overeating and heartburn symptoms
- Turn your TV off and put your phone away while eating
- Notice how your food looks and how it smells
- Pay attention towards the texture, taste and temperature of the food
- Sometimes when you think your hungry, you are actually thirsty. Try drinking a full glass of water prior to eating to see if you really want to eat that whole pizza or maybe you want only half that pizza with a side salad if you want to treat yourself.
These 10 tips for better digestive health should lead you in the right direction. Do you struggle with digestive health problems ? if you want to know how to improve digestive health, try our 3rd party tested Digest Matrix formula which has 18 different enzymes to help the body turn your food into fuel to help reduce digestive stress and help you with acid reflux, bloating, gerd and other digestive health problems. It has helped thousands of people on Amazon and our website www.enzymaticvitality.com
Also check out our blog for amazing content and more tips on healthy living and how to reduce stress, anxiety, blood glucose, body fat and many other natural alternatives that we share to help the community feel better by providing value first. Leave a comment below and tell us what steps you take to improve immune system health!