Like every other diet plan, keto also starts with knowing what food to eat and what food to avoid.
You must say goodbye to all those processed, quick-cooking items that once served your hunger buds on lazy nights, and embrace the more raw, fatty and slightly more perishable in food.
In most cases, this could mean an entire kitchen overhaul.
Now, you can take two approaches to keto grocery shopping:
- First, you can make your own shopping list (don’t worry, we’ll teach you how you can do that in a bit) and hit the aisles
- Second, you can use our ready-made shopping list
Should you choose to opt for the second option, you can skip the next section of this blog and jump to the last one.
Making your own keto grocery shopping list
Creating a keto grocery shopping list is very easy. You just have to keep three things in mind:
- 70% of your daily calories should come from fat
- 25% of your daily calories should come from protein
- 5% of your daily calories should come from carbohydrates
How much calories should you consume in a day when on keto diet?
Use this open-source Keto Calculator for help.
Once you know your macros, you can then make a list of food items that fit your daily macro requirements and head to a nearby grocery store for shopping.
Ready-made keto grocery shopping list
Our ready-made keto grocery shopping list is divided into four parts.
- Chicken thigh (Fat: 5.7 g, Protein: 13.5 g, Carbohydrates: 0g)
- Bacon (Fat: 4 g, Protein: 4 g, Carbohydrates: 0g)
- Beef sirloin (Fat: 12 g, Protein: 26 g, Carbohydrates: 0g)
- Salmon (Fat: 13 g, Protein: 20 g, Carbohydrates: 0g)
- Avocados (Fat: 15 g, Protein: 2 g, Net Carbohydrates: 4g)
- Tomatoes (Fat: 0.4g, Protein: 1.3 g, Net Carbohydrates: 5g)
- Zucchini (Fat: 0.3 g, Protein: 1.2 g, Net Carbohydrates: 0.3g)
- Spinach (Fat: 0.1g, Protein: 0.9 g, Net Carbohydrates: 0.4g)
- Eggs (Fat: 11g, Protein: 13g, Carbohydrates: 1.1g)
- Butter (Fat: 81g, Protein: 0.9g, Carbohydrates: 0.1g)
- Cream cheese (Fat: 34g, Protein: 6g, Carbohydrates: 4.1g)
- Whole milk Greek yoghurt (Fat: 7g, Protein: 11g, Carbohydrates: 5g)
Nuts and Seeds
- Almonds (Fat: 49 g, Protein: 21 g, Net Carbohydrates: 9.6 g)
- Walnuts (Fat: 65 g, Protein: 15 g, Net Carbohydrates: 6.8 g)
- Brazil nuts (Fat: 66 g, Protein: 14 g, Net Carbohydrates: 4.6 g)
- Flax seeds (Fat: 42 g, Protein: 18 g, Net Carbohydrates: 1.8 g)
There are, of course, many other items that you can add to the above list to enjoy a wider variety of food on a keto diet.
We hope you found the information in this blog useful.
Enzymatic Vitality is one of the leading producers of plant based digestive enzyme supplements in the U.S. Our range of products include digestion supplements, keto supplements and enzymatic supplements. To learn more, please visit our online store.