Yoga For Digestion: Use yoga to effectively fight digestive problems and Anxiety
Can yoga with its twisting and bending improve digestion and improve mental health? This age-old discipline, between exercise and meditation, offers numerous benefits for the body, posture, breathing, and can even fight abdominal bloating and help evacuate the bowel with regularity. The constant state of relaxation and slow body movement not only help with digestion issues but can also alleviate anxiety symptoms.
Why is yoga good for digestion?
- Yoga actually strengthens the parasympathetic nervous system, which ensures proper digestion by stimulating motility and intestinal secretions, thus preventing bloating, helping you go regularly and even preventing constipation.
- Forceful breathing exercises, such as abdominal breathing, and some forward bending postures allow the digestive organs to be massaged and transition back to normal position while also providing a stronger core.
- The yogic postures, when the torso or the legs turn towards the side, cause a massage of the viscera. They can also remove some minor vertebral blockages responsible for the pain that can be felt in the abdomen and lower intestine.
- The inverted yoga postures with head down at a lower level than the heart relaxes the intestines and creates a peaceful state of mind.
- Some yoga exercises strengthen the abdominal muscles, essential to support the intestines and stimulate the transit of food to help you better absorb nutrients.
So yoga can be definitely included among the natural remedies to improve digestion, along with, for example, digestive enzymes with probiotics. The practice of yoga, in fact, is perfect for bringing relaxation and reducing symptoms of anxiety and stress which are often causes of stomach ache and flatulence and irritable bowl syndrome. The gut brain connection is a real thing. The fascinating part is that Enzymatic Vitality has a wonderful digestive probiotic that includes lactobacillus plantarum which can help further increase mood and research suggests can reduce symptoms of depression.
5 postures that help digestion
- Apanasana - Lie down with your back to the ground, hug your knees by putting them against your chest and bend them slightly first on one side and then on the other, to create a gentle massage for the lower back. Continue for 5 deep breaths along with slower exhales.
- Setu Bandhasana - Position of the bridge. Lie down with your back to the ground, bend your knees and draw the sole of your foot on the ground, towards your buttocks, close enough to touch your heels with your fingers, with your arms stretched out at your sides. Push down at the heels and shoulders and raise the hips, so that a straight line forms from the shoulders to the knees. Keeping the arms as straight as possible raise the buttocks a little higher. Hold your breath for five seconds and exhale slowly.
- Halasana - Position of the plow. Lie down with your back to the ground and stretch your legs upwards at 90° and with a light push take them behind your head, touching the floor with your toes. Hold for 5 breaths.
- Sarvangasana - From the previous position, of the plow, pass directly into the position known in artistic gymnastics as a candlestick. Bring your legs from behind your head and position them vertically, over your head, and resting your triceps and elbows on the floor on the floor, in line with your shoulders, place your palms on the lower back to support your back in this position. Hold for 5 breaths.
- Balasana - Get on your knees by making your buttocks close to your heels, with your feet relaxed on the floor. Bend your torso on your legs, stretch your arms forward and place your forehead on the mat. Hold for 10 breaths.
With yoga you should include a Premium Digestive Enzyme Supplement with Probiotics to help with your digestion and nutrient absorption. Used in combination this one- two punch can prove to be a stomach health powerhouse along with better mental clarity. Yog in combination with the lactobacillus found in Digestive Enzymes with Probiotics help to break down food quickly and effectively for proper nutrition. Probiotics which are very much in use now help to reduce infections by pathogens in the abdominal tract have been used for years and the research is only getting better.
Take control of your stomach health and fight anxiety and symptoms of depression with high quality digestive enzymes and probiotics for men and women. Visit www.enzymaticvitality.com now and discover the wonders of Digestive Enzyme Supplements with Probiotics.